The bookkeeper will be responsible for maintaining the company's financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments.
They will work closely with the Head of Finance to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a finance degree and is familiar with QuickBooks Online.
Responsibilities and Duties
Record financial transactions. Maintain an accurate record of all financial transactions for the company. This can include sales, purchases, income, and payments.
Process accounts payable and receivable. Monitor all transactions related to accounts payable and receivable. This could involve invoicing clients or customers, organizing payment to suppliers, and pursuing outstanding invoices.
Reconcile bank statements. Ensure that the company's records match up with official bank statements.
Prepare financial statements. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
Administer payroll. Process the company's payroll and make sure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
Assist with tax preparation and returns. Keep records of all necessary tax-related information, assist with tax preparation, and ensure timely tax payments.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Competency in QuickBooks Online
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Excellent organizing abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- Strong mathematical and numerical skills.
The Bookkeeper can work in our office environment, but the nature of the work also allows for remote working.