The Exhibit Fabricator works within the Exhibit Fabrication Team to prototype, produce, finish, and assemble museum exhibit components.
This is a full-time job but applications for part-time will be considered for the right candidate.
Functions / Responsibilities
- Sand and prep exhibit components for finishing
- Carefully apply finishes to prepped exhibit components
- Assist Fabrication Team in producing exhibit prototypes, components, and products
- Assist with off-site exhibit deliveries and installations
- Keep shop clean and organized
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties as assigned
sanding, painting, assembly, installation – would you get energized doing these things daily?
- Must be quality-minded with strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable working in a shop environment with a wide variety of power tools
- Must be able to work independently and also in partnership with the Fabrication Team
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Must communicate clearly, professionally, respectfully, and honestly at all times
- Knowledge of woodworking and/or metalworking techniques
- Previous manufacturing, woodworking, and/or metalworking experience
The employee works in manufacturing where medium to high noise levels and other potential hazards exist and hearing protection and protective safety glasses are required.
Pay starts at $17 / hr. This position is eligible for paid time off and a 401k retirement plan with company match!
How to Apply
Send us an email. Please include:
- your resume
- a cover letter telling us about yourself and past work experience
- photos of 3 projects you’ve completed, with descriptions of what you did and why you feel each project is worth sharing with us
The ability to communicate clearly is important to us–it’s one of our core values. We use photos and videos to improve our communication whenever possible. Shop employees are expected to photograph their work daily on their smartphone and share it with the team through our project management software.
Send your email to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!